At PRC we are all about enjoying the game of tennis. We offer a wide variety of tennis activities for adults of all abilities…everything from weekly workouts and mixers to men’s and women’s league play, tournaments and social events.
At PRC we are all about enjoying the game of tennis. Improving your skills and strategies make the game that much more fun. We offer instruction and coaching in a variety of formats as well as opportunities for you to practice what you’ve learned in real game situations.
Private lessons put you on the fast track to improving your game. We will assess where you are, understand where you want to be, and then put together a plan of action to get you there. Complete our Private Instruction Request form so we can set up lessons for you at a convenient time.
Rehab, Conditioning, and Fitness
Enjoy world-class group and private training sessions for rehabilitation, endurance, conditioning and overall fitness at Peninsula Racquet Club’s Outdoor Fitness Center. Our expert trainers are here to help you achieve your fitness goals.
Annual gym memberships are available to members and non-members alike.
A great way to practice what you’ve learned or to improve your game in general, is to use an automated ball machine. Ours is located next to court 12 and is normally used on court 2.
There are some time restrictions on use of the ball machine. Contact the front desk for more information and to sign-up.
“Live Hitter” Rental
We call our live hitters our “Human Backboards” because that’s just what they are! Why practice against a wall when you can return shots from a thinking, moving, live person? No instruction, no chit-chat, just you working on your strokes with a live person.
Members of the Peninsula Racquet Club are welcomed to play in a variety of leagues at a local and national level. Contact the front desk if you have questions or would like more information.
- The purpose of the league is to promote good sportsmanship and competitive team tennis for women.
- It is non-sectarian, non-partisan, non-philanthropic, and non-profit.
- Membership is open to any tennis club or Public Park located in the South Bay area that supports the purpose of this league.
- Matches are scheduled in the mornings during the week.
- Each club has a Marine League Club Coordinator to assist players.
- There are 2 seasons of Marine League:
- Fall (September – December)
- Spring (February – June)
Visit the Marine League site.
- The primary purpose of the league is to create a venue for high-level tennis players to have weekly competition. This allows them to enhance their games and provides a competitive avenue without the travel associated with the grind of tournament tennis.
- Many of the league’s members are currently or previously ranked ATP tennis professionals or are sectionally and nationally ranked senior players.
- The league is a purely doubles league.
- The format is 4 doubles matches where positions 1 2 3 are classified OPEN level and position 4 is 4.5 NTRP and below.
- Fun, Competition, Camaraderie are the tenants of this league.
Visit the South Bay Men’s Tennis League Site.
- Men’s senior doubles league for ages 50 and older.
- Matches are held on Friday mornings and include teams from both private clubs and public parks.
For more information contact the PRC front desk.
- Play is seasonal and consists of both men’s and women’s leagues as well as a mixed league.
- Matches are held for both singles and doubles.
- All matches are played on weekends.
- Participants must be members of the USTA and have a current USTA card (available through USTA online).
Contact the PRC front desk for more information.